The weather for today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70 and a low around 56. West wind 7 to 9 mph. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 73 and a low around 57. A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Sunday is mostly cloudy, colder, with a high of 67 and a low around 45. Showers likely before 11am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 11am and 1pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tonight from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm Accident Elementary is holding an Art Gallery, Entertainment, Silent Auction Food & More.
Tomorrow is the first of three license-free fishing days in Maryland.
Garrett College sophomore Zack Harvey shot a 163, to take fourth place overall in the DIII Region XX golf tournament, to advance to the NJCAA Golf DIII National Championship Touranment for the second year in a row.
Here’s a simple graphic and article related to, what seems to be, a surge of ticks this season:
NBC’s ‘The Voice’ to hold auditions in Pittsburgh on June 19.
The Garrett County Arts Council is hosting three events for the BlueShift Dance group — a masterclass, a workshop and a performance the weekend of June 15th and 16th. BlueShift Dance offers unique and immersive experiences with the human body in performance. The masterclass is for dancers, the workshop is for those who would like to learn dance, and the performance for the general public. Tickets are limited!
In light of the recent severe weather, State Fire Marshal Brian S. Geraci is reminding Marylanders about the life-saving precautions to take when operating portable generators:
- It is important to remember to NEVER use portable generators inside a home, garage or shed. Generators should be used OUTSIDE ONLY.
- While in operation, portable generators should be in a well ventilated area away from all doors, windows and vent openings.
- Regardless of whether your garage is attached or detached to the house, do not use the generator inside of it.
- Even opening the garage door does not make this a safe option.
- Remember to allow the generator time to cool down before refueling, and never refuel while in use. Fuel must be stored in a proper, approved container that is outside of all living areas.
- Make sure to have working Carbon Monoxide detectors properly installed in your home.