Last Updated on Mar 8, 2023 at 2:01pm | Communications Office
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners held its recent public meeting on Monday, March 6, 2023.
At the administrative session proceeding the public meeting, the following appointments were made:
- Youghiogheny River Advisory Board – 1 member & 1 County Representative (filling unexpired terms through 2025)
- Molly Rikhye – Land Owner
- Siera Wigfield – County Government
- Garrett County Emergency Services Advisory Board – 3 County Representative Members (2-year terms)
- Lou Battistella
- Bill Ingram
- New Appointment
- Chris Nichols
Also, a property tax exemption for the Avilton Community Association for Fiscal Year 2024 was approved, as authorized in the Maryland Tax Code, Section 9-313.
At the public meeting session, Paul Edwards served as Chairman. The following items were discussed:
- Proclamation: National Vietnam War Veterans Day will be celebrated on March 29, 2023. The proclamation was presented to Denise Shay.
- Bid #23–0209 Visitors Center Deck and Handrail Replacement
- Bid requested five (5) options. And, after reviewing the bids for compliance, the recommendation was to reject bids for Option 1, 2, 4 and 5.
- The five bids for Option 3 (Composite Lumber & Vinyl) were: Daystar Builders, Inc-$29,500, Mill Creek & Company-$27,506, Beitzel Corp-$37,344, EARN Contractors, Inc.-$45,700 and Colossal Contractors, Inc-$68,600.
- Bid # 23-0209 awarded for Option 3 to Mill Creek & Company in the amount of $27,506.
- Duane Yoder, on behalf of the Garrett County Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Committee, announced the availability of the Public Participation Survey (linked here: https://tripetto.app/run/F02RWK5O9Z)
PUBLIC MEETING CLOSED AND PUBLIC HEARING OPEN
PUBLIC HEARING: Siera Wigfield presented the 2023 Water & Sewer Master Plan Amendment on behalf of the Garrett County Department of Public Works – Utilities Division. This presentation is primarily “housekeeping” with text amendments and map updates:
Map Updates: Combining McHenry & Thayerville Water areas into Deep Creek Lake Service Area and Sewer Service Expansion Sewer Service in Deep Creek
Text and Map Amendments: Grantsville Water Service Updates?
Text and Map Amendments: Relating to the Trout Run/ Oakland WWTP, to replace Trout Run WWTP and combine Service for communities at a modern WWTP in Oakland ?
The public comment period will be open until Tuesday, March 21, 2023. To make a comment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 301-334-7477.
PUBLIC HEARING CLOSED AND PUBLIC MEETING OPENED
- Public Comments were accepted
Public issues or concerns that are to be presented to the Board of Garrett County Commissioners during any Public Meeting should be scheduled with Carol A. Riley-Alexander, Executive Assistant to the Board of County Commissioners/County Administrator, by 11:00 p.m. on the Monday one week prior to the Public Meeting Day.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners’ next scheduled Public Meeting will be Tuesday, March 21, 2023, at the Garrett County Courthouse beginning at 4:00 p.m.