Library Associate – 40 hours per week with benefits at the Ruth Enlow Library in Oakland. Starting pay is $14.50/hr.
- Plans, publicizes and hosts programs and events under the direction of the Programming Supervisor.
- Provides reference and readers’ advisory services to the public.
- Collects, compiles and organizes information and materials.
- Performs all of the duties of a Library Assistant as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Integrity and conscientious character
- Ability to work with people of diverse needs and backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Flexibility and creativity in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work evening and Saturday hours required
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required. Successful applicant must apply to Library Associates Training Institute within 6 months of starting employment per COMAR §23-406. Previous library experience preferred.
Resume required. Applications are available at all public libraries in Garrett County. Deadline for applications and resumes is August 21, 2020.