By Diane Lee, Public Information Officer, Garrett County Health Department
A COVID Positive At-Home Test Report Portal is now available for Maryland residents to alert the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) of a positive result from a COVID-19 at-home test.
The launch of this new portal will make it easier for persons to report positive at-home testing and gain access to state resources such as guidance, MD Covid Alert, and contact tracing.
There are now two ways to report an at-home positive COVID test:
● Patients can use the instructions provided with each test kit to report their results directly to the test manufacturer through its website or app.
● Or, patients can visit https://covidlink.maryland.gov/selfreport to report positive results directly to MDH. A direct link to this site is available at GarrettHealth.org.
“Access to the new self-report portal gives Marylanders another way to assist the state in tracking the local prevalence of COVID-19,” said Garrett County Health Officer Bob Stephens. “This additional data will assist health officials in making more informed decisions on measures to protect the public.”
To report a positive result for COVID-19 with an at-home test kit, go to covidlink.maryland.gov/selfreport. Instructions for submitting are listed at this location. The system is only designed to accept positive results. A link has been added to the Garrett County Health Department website for easy access.
Tips for submitting:
● You will need to log in or register on OneStop to proceed.
● You need a cell phone to register.
● The system will only accept test results completed within the last 10 days.
● When completed, you will receive a confirmation email with isolation guidelines.
The Garrett County Health Department continues to provide testing by appointment Monday through Friday at 1025 Memorial Drive in Oakland. A link to schedule a test is available at GarrettHealth.org. No testing will be conducted on Monday, January 17, due to the state holiday.