The weather today will be partly sunny with a high near 74 and a low around 54. A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Some storms could be severe. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 66 and a low around 44. Sunday will be sunny with a high near 60 and a low around 39.
The Maryland Governor has approved outdoor dining as of 5pm today. Restaurants must:
- Ensure patrons are appropriately distanced with no more than six people seated at a table, with the exception of members of the same household.
- Ensure patrons are seated at least six feet away from each other, except for households seated together.
- Use single-use disposable paper menus or sanitize reusable menus between each seating.
- Sanitize outdoor tables and chairs between each customer seating.
- Train staff in the current CDC COVID-19 health and workplace guidelines.
- Begin screening procedures including daily temperature checks of all staff.
- Ensure staff wear masks or face coverings when interacting with other employees or patrons.
We have added the outdoor dining to our COVID-19 restaurant resource guide and here are the spots able to offer outdoor dining right away:
- Black Bear Tavern
- Deep Creek Funzone (formerly Smiley’s)
- Dutch’s at Silver Tree
- Greene Turtle
- The Honi-Honi
- Mountain State Brewing Company
- Pine Lodge Steakhouse
Please be patient with all of our eateries this weekend: the Governor’s rules are new and may take some major adjustments and growing pains.
We wanted to note that Pine Lodge Steakhouse is a new advertiser with a recently remodeled dining room! You won’t be able to enjoy the new features just yet but PLS is one of the hot spots at the lake able to offer outdoor dining on their patio! They serve only the finest cuts of beef, fresh seafood like jumbo lump crab cakes and Pacific Rim Ahi Tuna, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, and more… also, we can’t forget to mention the local favorite, creamy crab soup!
The Deep Creek Lake Watershed Foundation has published its current & future projects pertaining to Deep Creek Lake & the surrounding watershed.
“Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh and Maryland Environment Secretary Ben Grumbles today announced the filing of a suit in federal court against the owners of the Luke Paper Mill for seepages into the North Branch Potomac River that threaten public health and the environment.”
License-free fishing days are this summer on June 6, June 13, and July 4 — you don’t need a fishing license, trout stamp, or registration.
After receiving and reviewing public input, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources has selected the state’s 2020-2021 migratory game bird hunting seasons. These selections are now awaiting final approval from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
What a dramatic sunset captured by Betsy Potts! WOW: