Friday June 11, Saturday June 12, Sunday June 13

Jun 11, 2021

The weather today will be showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 66 and low around 56. Patchy fog after 3am. East wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Saturday will be a slight chance of showers before 9am. Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 77 and a low around 59. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Sunday will be showers and thunderstorms likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon. High near 76 and a low around 55. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Garrett County Public Utilities continues hydrant flow testing to update the hydrant locations and flow rates for their 911 dispatch and Fire Company’s database. The areas that could be impacted will include water customers in Mt. Lake Park, Deer Park, Loch Lynn, Bloomington, Kitzmiller, Shallmar, Gorman, McHenry, Thayerville, Friendsville, and Keyser’s Ridge. Customers that experience dirty or cloudy water are advised to flush the cold-water supply for 15 minutes or until the water becomes clear.

Also, there was a water main break at 1163 Deep Creek Drive last evening. Service is restored but will be intermittent this morning due to repairs. Upon service restoration customers that experience cloudy or dirty water are advised to run the cold water supply for 15 minutes or until clear.

One more note from the County: A recording of Monday’s Commissioner meeting can be found here.

There’s a new bait shop in town! B&B Bait offers live bait in the Garrett County, MD area. They’ll bring the bait to you! Call Becky 240) 321-5143 for more information.

From our friends at Double Oak Farms:

“Why buy local you might ask? There are so many reasons!
Know where your food was raised
Know the farmer who raised your food
Support local farmers
Support your local economy
We don’t get hacked! 😉Supporting local smaller suppliers is safer than relying on 1 or 2 huge major computerized giant suppliers!
Stock your freezer with local beef! Call/text 301 616 7577″

There are two Garrett County grants available to assist with COVID-19 relief: the Online Sales & Telework Assistance COVID-19 Relief Grant and the Nonprofit Recovery Grant.

There’s a Maple Syrup Workshop: Grading and Quality Control today from 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm.

The Masons at MoonShadow today @ 6:00 pm.

One of the Maryland License-Free Fishing Days is tomorrow!

The Deep Creek Lion’s Club Boat Auction is tomorrow beginning at 9:00 am.

Oakland’s Kick Off to Summer is tomorrow, Saturday, from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Activities include a cornhole tournament, a Beer Walk, food vendors, live music, sidewalk sales, artist exhibits, kid’s activities, a car show, and much more.