The weather today will be mostly sunny with a high near 78 and a low around 62. Saturday will be mostly sunny with a high near 81 and a low around 65. Isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Sunday will also be mostly sunny. A high near 82 and a low around 67. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm — chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tim Shahan shared this timelapse from the top of Wisp Resort with us!
VOTING IS NOW OPEN! Vote for your favorites in the 2019 People’s Choice Challenge contest!
- Birding at Sang Run State Park today at 8:00 am at Sang Run State Park
- Stuff the Bus at the Oakland Wal-Mart from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Country artist Floyd Cowger at Black Bear Tavern tonight! 6-10pm
- Garrett County Airport Wings and Wheels Fly-In
- Yoga in the Dolemite Yurt – All experience levels welcome.
- Oakland B&O Museum Ticket to Ride Charity Tournament
- Camping with Black Bears at New Germany State Park at 3:30pm
- Buffalo Run at MoonShadow Saturday night beginning at 8:00pm
Bill’s Marine Service is having a Bennington pontoon demo day this Saturday — call to reserve your demo 301-387-3474.
Our public schools recently authorized a pilot program to grant permission for students at the high school level to miss two days prior to Labor Day for work-related purposes.
A stoplight is gone and there is a new 4-way stop on Second Street in Downtown Oakland.
The Garrett Chamber is accepting Autumn Glory parade float applications until September 6.
MD counties and municipalities can apply for grant funding from the National Park Service’s Land and Water Conservation Fund. The projects must be in direct support of public outdoor recreation including the acquisition, development, and maintenance of outdoor recreational areas, facilities, and properties.
This morning, the Railey Realty camera captured some early morning fog. I don’t want to admit it but, the seasons are beginning to change here in the mountains: