Today we can expect a mostly sunny day, with a high near 72 degrees and a west wind around 10 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 51. Looks like a really nice day!
Here’s an action photo taken by my wife Jean. Looks good and I know many of readers know this site very well. Thanks Jean!
The Maryland STEM festival is a virtual event that will be running through November 11th. If you or a friend or family member, including a student are interested, you can click here to learn more.
The Garrett County Health Department has received four additional positive COVID-19 results, bringing the current county total positives to 107. The new positive COVID-19 cases are a male and a female in their 30s, and a male and a female in their 60s.. Garrett County currently has 24 persons isolating due to a COVID-19 diagnosis, including one person who is hospitalized.
Charity fraud is on the rise due to the pandemic and the fact that there are a bunch of bad actors out there trying to separate us from our hard earned money. Maryland AG Frosh advises that If you think that you have been a victim of a charity fraud or scam, contact the Office of the Secretary of State, Charities and Legal Services Division by email: DLInvestigations_SOS@maryland.gov or telephone: 410-974-5534.
Now is a great time to schedule a flu shot at the Garrett County Health Department. In fact, there is a new, very easy online registration process to schedule an appointment. In order to comply with COVID-19 precautions, flu vaccines are appointment only this year. Using this online system, patients can register themselves and their children.
This registration process is open for appointments beginning in November:
- Log on to bit.ly/mdfluvax. Note: Any field marked with an asterisk is required.
- Select desired date and location – clinics are available in Oakland and Grantsville. (If you want a Grantsville appointment, you may need to scroll down pretty far until you find one listed as Grantsville.)
- Appointment time will be chosen near the end of the process.
- Complete all required demographics fields, clicking “save and continue.”
- Email is a required field. No email? Make up a “dummy email” in order to advance to the next screen.
- Have insurance card ready to enter policy and group number. No insurance? Choose that drop-down option.
Write down the date and time of the appointment and remember to come get vaccinated!
Having problems and need assistance during the scheduling/registration process? Call the health department at 301.334.7697. A staff member will assist you over the phone.