Yesterday was cool and cloudy until mid-afternoon, when the sun came out. Today, showers are likely, mainly between 7:00 am and 2:00 pm. Cloudy, with a high near 52 degrees and with a low around 46.
So, I have some inside information that Barbie and Ken just had a Deep Creek Wedding. Yeah, that Barbie and Ken and here’s a photo to prove it! If you want some more insight as to what the heck I am talking about, go here. More photos too. Oh, they are already on their honeymoon… at the lake, of course!
Even as Governor Hogan has prescribed his three-phase process to open-up the state, Maryland is expected to continue to see an increasing number of COVID-19 cases, since the state is increasing the number of tests being completed. Because of this, the main gauge officials will use to determine when the first phase of recovery can begin is the statewide rate of hospitalizations and the number of patients admitted to ICU.
The Chamber invites members to hear an update on the CARES Act and a discussion on returning to work. Stephen McAllister, Executive Director of the Eastern Region, Congressional & Public Affairs for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, will discuss the recently passed supplement to the CARES Act including new funds for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) & Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program. He will also discuss returning to work https://wallethub.com/blog/social-distancing-survey/73704/.and reopening the American economy including how Americans and businesses can return to work safely, successfully and sustainably. Here’s the link to more information.
Here’s some interesting factoids from a recent survey conducted by WalletHub: Social Distancing Survey
- Online shopping is a popular stress reliever: 36 million Americans use online shopping as their number one way to cope with social distancing.
- Nearly half the population still ventures outside: 48 percent of Americans go outside at least once a day while self-quarantining.
- Women worry more: Women are 40 percent more likely to feel anxious than men due to social distancing.
- People want to see family most: 34 percent of Americans are most looking forward to seeing family once this is over, more than the amount that are most excited to see friends or go out to eat.
- Most Americans use masks: 60 percent of Americans are now wearing face masks due to the coronavirus.
- Social distancing provides an opportunity to build skills: Almost 29 million Americans are using the social distancing time to learn something new.
The complete survey results can be found here. There’s also information on the states: where it is easiest and most difficult to attain social distancing.
Finally, Manor Steakhouse just sent over their latest menu and a reminder that they are doing carry-out every week on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jean and I have gotten their carry-out a few times recently and the process is easy and the food is great. Please call between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm to order your dinner (240.488.1104). Check them out and send me a note if you have a nice takeout story from Manor or another local-area establishment. Here’s a link to our Dining Guide.
Have a great Monday folks…