The weather today will be rain and snow showers likely. Temperature falling to around 34 by 5pm. West wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected during the day but 1 to 2 inches possible overnight.
It has been a little on the gray side here at the Lake but still beautiful views from Sieta Bonner-Achampong:
Don’t forget, send us an email to be entered in our lift ticket giveaway! The Wisp has announced they will be making snow through Saturday – as conditions allow – so we may just pick a winner on Friday (so you can visit the Wisp this weekend!)
Check out the featured photo of the month!
The 2020 – 2021 Garrett County Public School calendar has been released.
MD DNR has reported the recent Trout stocking activities in Garrett County:
- North Branch Potomac River/Kitzmiller: 450 golden and rainbow trout
- Youghiogheny River/Friendsville: 450 golden and rainbow trout
- Youghiogheny River/Oakland: 900 golden and rainbow trout
This weekend is a Donation Only Benefit Spaghetti Dinner for the Ashby Family! Saturday,February 15th from 11am-4pm. Dine in or take out at the Masonic Lodge in Oakland.
Garrett County Board of County Commissioners remind the public of the three upcoming Community Update Meetings:
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at the Grantsville Volunteer Fire Department beginning at 5:30 P.M.
- Monday, March 2, 2020 at the Garrett College GIEC Room 111 beginning at 5:30 P.M.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at the Southern Garrett Rescue Squad beginning at 5:30 P.M.