The weather for today will be rain, mainly after 2pm. High near 54 and a low around 46. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Today’s post seems loaded with gratitude! It’s a good day to pause and appreciate everything — we hope you all had a great Earth Day!
DCL is the BEST corner of this earth in my opinion!
Here’s a great photo showing our “Hailstorm Meets Spring” at the lake that was taken on Tuesday thanks to Jim Chason. Thanks for submitting Jim.
Did you participate in the “drive-thru thank you” parade that was held last evening for the frontline at GRMC? It was sort of an impromptu event organized by Mr. Chuck Nolan. Thank you, Chuck, thank you, to those who participated and, thank you, to the staff at the hospital going above and beyond.
THERE WILL BE A DRIVE FOR DONATIONS OF FOOD AND CLEANING SUPPLIES AT THE FOLLOWING DATES AND TIMES:
- Friendsville Volunteer Fire & Rescue, Saturday, April 25th & May 2nd, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Bloomington Volunteer Fire Department, Friday, April 24th & May 1st, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Accident Volunteer Fire Department, Wednesday, April 29th & May 6th, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Southern Rescue Squad, Thursday, April 30th, and Saturday, May 2nd, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Eastern Garrett Volunteer Fire Department, Tuesday, April 28th & May 5th, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.(Please check the Portal for contact information, a list of requested food donations, and future donation specifics.)
Here’s a great photo of a nesting Bald Eagle at Deep Creek Lake that was submitted by Vince Zello. (This was taken just recently!) Thanks Vince.
What an amazing sight; grace and beauty!