Garrett County Health Department drive-thru COVID-19 testing opportunities:
- Northern Middle School: 371 Pride Parkway, Accident, June 26, 7 am-1 pm
- Garrett County Health Department in the lot located between the Garrett Health Department and Mountain Laurel Medical Center: 1027 Memorial Drive, Oakland, July 17, 7 am-1 pm
Specifics about these events:
- No cost
- No doctor’s order required
- Testing is for non-symptomatic persons
- Testing will be done as persons sit in their car
- Testing will be done with a nasal swab (nasopharyngeal swab or NP) which may detect a current infection
- Testing is not for antibodies to identify a previous infection
- Test results are anticipated to take 3-4 days
- Negative results will be sent to the person’s mailing address
- Persons with positive results will be called directly
- A valid daytime phone number is required
Those who test positive must isolate at home for 10 days, should only leave their home for essential purposes such as medical visits, and must wear face coverings, practice physical distancing, and frequent hand hygiene.
NOTE: If you have any of these COVID-19 symptoms, this testing site is not for you: fever/chills, sore throat, cough, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Contact your doctor to be evaluated and possibly referred to the hospital outpatient laboratory or another clinical laboratory for testing. Also contact your doctor if you want an antibody test; the health department is not performing antibody testing.
For more information, call 301 334-7770 or 301 895-3111.