Garrett County Releases Vaccination Progress Timeline
By Garrett County Joint Information Center Team
The supply of COVID-19 vaccine allocated to Garrett County continues to be limited. Appointment links are no longer active on the Garrett County Health Department’s website because all doses received have been scheduled. “We have released a timeline for when we expect to move into the different priority groups,” said Garrett County Health Officer Bob Stephens. “The progression through the various levels will depend on how quickly the state gets additional doses to us for vaccinations.”
The Health Department expects the progress of vaccination to be as follows:
Phase 1A: December – January This phase has mostly been completed. Persons in this group are still eligible and able to schedule appointments from this point forward.
Phase 1B: January – Mid-February We are focusing on our seniors who are 75 or older at this time.
Individuals 75+ are eligible and able to schedule appointments from this point forward.
Phase 1C: Mid-February – March Not eligible: no doses available from the state at this time. We will prioritize 65 to 75 year olds.
Phase 2: Estimated start date – April 1, 2021- subject to availability. Not eligible: no doses available from the state at this time.
Please note: The Health Department is not keeping a pre-registration list. Additional information for Garrett County today includes:
- A 7-day case rate of 30.0 per 100,000 Garrett County residents, compared to Maryland’s case rate of 38.2
- A 7-day positivity rate of 11.9%, compared to Maryland’s rate of 5%
- A total of 1,750 COVID-19 cases
- A total of 56 deaths due to COVID-19 or its complications
The Health Department will continue to update their website with qualification requirements and instructions on how to schedule a vaccination appointment as they move through the priority groups.
For the most up-to-date information about vaccine distribution and testing in Garrett County, watch for announcements from the Health Department on media outlets, the Health Department’s Facebook page and website (garretthealth.org).
Additional COVID-19 resources:
- If you have COVID-19 like symptoms, schedule a testing appointment at the Health Department by calling 301-334-7697.
- Free COVID-19 testing is available (with or without symptoms) on Tuesdays (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) and Thursdays (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.), at the MEDCO Building in the McHenry Business Park. Pre-registration is recommended. Visit garretthealth.org for more information.
- For all other COVID-19 related questions, or to report a COVID-19 compliance issue, call the local COVID-19 Hotline number at 301-334-7698.