Garrett County Public Schools (GCPS) will dismiss students three (3) hours early on Monday, March 20, 2023, for Staff Development in the afternoon. This will be a county-wide professional development day. GCPS will be conducting a variety of professional development opportunities for staff based on the identified needs of individual staff members.
The training sessions that will be conducted follow but are not limited to:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Behavior & Classroom Management
- Educator Well-Being, and Self Care
- PK3, PK4, K, Judy Center – Topics will include: Phonological Awareness, Integration of IMSE Skills, Co-Teaching, Power Word Process with Phonics Integration, The Simple View of Writing, and MCAP Training
- Social Studies – Topics will include: Social Studies Standards, DBQs, Writing Like a Historian, Vocabulary Routine, and Building Background Knowledge