The weather today and tomorrow will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76 and a low around 60. Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 2pm each day. Sunday will be mostly sunny with a high near 78 and a low around 63. It sounds like an amazing weekend!
Look at the fun Michelle Buttry and her family are having at Deep Creek Lake:
Have you nominated your Deep Creek Lake, MD area favorites in the People’s Choice Challenge? We will take the TOP nominations in each of PCC Nominations in each category within products, services, experiences, and professionals until August 2!
Here’s a HOW-TO for the People’s Choice Challenge nomination forms:
- Nomination Name: [[YOUR NOMINATION]]
- Nomination’s Contact Information or Business Name [[HOW TO CONTACT YOUR CHOICE]]
- Your Contact Information (name, email and/or phone number) [[YOUR INFORMATION]]
The annual agriculture fair is here! 🎡And, tomorrow is the Entry Day for exhibits! Specific details can be found in the Premium Book.
- 10:00 am-4:00 pm Entering All Indoor Exhibits – Report to Computer Office building for exhibit numbers (Rabbits and Poultry MUST be entered)
- 11:00 am Stock, Hot Stock and Antique Tractor Pull (Light Weights) at the race track
- Noon ALL Commercial Exhibits must be in place
- 5:00 pm-11:00 pm REITHOFFER SHOWS – Open – $10.00 Unlimited Rides – Paid at Carnival Ticket Office
Maryland State Police are warning the public about telephone scams in which the caller has cloned, or, “spoofed” a Maryland State Police telephone number and requested personal information from people as part of a so-called “criminal investigation” or asked for money in the form of gift cards to avoid being arrested. Be diligent and report any such scams to our local dept.
Join the Naturalist in the Discovery Room of the Center for aquatic adventures today at 2pm: use aqua scopes and dip nets to catch critters and fish that call Deep Creek home.
Join a park ranger on a 2-mile hike and learn about some of New Germany’s native plants and animals along the way.
The Garrett County Artist Studio Tour is this weekend. Spend some time traveling to visit area artists and learn about their techniques and inspirations.
From the Friends of Deep Creek Lake organization: “Don’t forget to Contact Governor Hogan and urge him to include capital funding for DCL restoration and protection in his next budget. Contact information: Phone: 410-974-3901; Address: 100 State Circle. Annapolis, MD 21401; Email: https://governor.maryland.gov/contact-us/. … the bottom-line is the lake continues to decline and there is no comprehensive and effective lake management structure or processes or funding to ensure DCL will be restored.”
Bill’s Aerial Photography shows an update of the Route 50 Progress on 7/23: