The weather today will be sunny—highs in the upper 50s and a low of 35. East winds around 5 mph, becoming northwest in the afternoon. Saturday will be mostly sunny—highs in the lower 60s and a low of 44. Southeast winds around 5 mph. The chance of rain is 10%. Sunday will be showers with a chance of thunderstorms—highs in the lower 60s and a low of 51. The chance of rain is 80%.
A bedroom suite has been listed in our online marketplace! Including two single beds (one with trundle), two side tables, one dresser with 6 drawers, two lamps and more!
Trout stocking continues: North Branch Potomac River (Kitzmiller): golden and rainbow trout and Savage River: golden and rainbow trout.
Check out the Local High School events this weekend:
- Northern High Track – Away vs. Northern Bedford (Invitational): April 29 from 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Northern High Softball – Home vs. Allegany: April 29 from 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Southern High Baseball Games vs. Keyser (Home): April 29 from 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM
- Northern High JV Baseball – Home vs. Allegany (DH): April 30 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Northern High Varsity Baseball – Away vs. Keyser: April 30 from 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Southern High Varsity Baseball at Fort Hill: April 30 from 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- Southern High Varsity Softball at Mountain Ridge: April 30 from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Southern High JV Baseball Games at Frankfort (Away) Double-Header: April 30 from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
There’s a little bit of everything in one place- Mountain Fresh Pavilion in downtown Oakland – antiques, crafts, food, home sales (Tupperware and such), plants, and much more. 50/50 raffle. Proceeds support local student scholarships at Garrett College.
Are you interested in ORV riding in beautiful Western Maryland? The Office of Outdoor Recreation is teaming up with Maryland State Parks at Wolf Den Run State Park to host an ORV-geared open house tomorrow.
Join Discovery Center & Deep Creek Lake State Park Volunteers on April 30, from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM(ish) for the 19th Ramp Cook-Off, and our first since 2019!
Everyone is invited to the Community Carnival featuring games, face painting, food, crafts, prizes, and lots of fun!
Oakland Church of the Nazarene will be having a Half Million Prayer Mobilization from May 1 to June 5 and a GriefShare Support Group
from May 1 to July 12.
Whooooo wants to know what owls eat? Come to the Discovery Center and dissect owl pellets to find out!
Come to the Discovery Center to learn about some fascinating and gentle reptile ambassadors. Great for all ages!
Bring your Bes-tea to the Bou-tea-que for a par-tea! The menu will include all the traditional tea cuisine – tea sandwiches, scones, desserts, and a variety of teas to choose from. All served on vintage china.
This Friday, catch Carrie Ea Rice at MoonShadow. On Saturday, join MoonShadow to raise money for food and medical aid for Ukrainian orphans and refugee children currently living in Poland.