Deep Creek Daily Notes Blog June 2

Friday June 2, Saturday June 3, Sunday June 4, 2023: The Celtic Festival is this weekend! This is a family-friendly event you won’t want to miss!

The weather today will be sunny, with highs in the lower 80s and a low of 61. Northeast winds of around 5 to 10 mph. The chance of rain is 5%. Saturday will be mostly sunny. A chance of showers in the morning, then showers likely, with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon—highs around 80 and a low of 54. Northeast winds of around 5 to 10 mph. The chance of rain is 60%. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with highs in the lower 70s and a low of 49. The chance of rain is 35%.

The Garrett County Health Department has combined two long-standing programs, Adult Evaluation and Review Services and the Administrative Care Coordination Unit, under the leadership of new director Tiffany Fratz.

Brookside Health & Wellness is thrilled to welcome Randi Bennett, CRNP, to their esteemed team. With her expertise and shared integrative approach to patient care, Randi will enhance the healthcare services provided to patients.

Southern Garrett High School juniors attended Garrett College’s “Junior Preview Day” last May 26. With 60 students participating, the event provided an in-depth exploration of all that Garrett College has to offer.

Celebrate the beginning of summer at Oakland’s “Kick Off to Summer” event on June 10! Enjoy a range of activities from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, including a cornhole tournament, Beer Walk, live music, food vendors, and more in the downtown Arts & Entertainment District.

Join the Southern Garrett Resources Center Outreach today for a Homeless Outreach and Giveaway! Individuals are invited to be a part of this impactful event organized by the center. They can contribute to making a difference in the lives of the homeless community.

Experience more than just a market TODAY at the Deep Creek Farmers Market! Discover high-quality local food vendors, deliciously prepared meals, family-friendly events, unique handmade crafts, and one-of-a-kind products. There’s something for the whole family to enjoy!

Hopefully you RSVP’d for the Garrett County Historical Society’s annual membership dinner tonight at Pleasant Valley Community Center tonight. Former State Senator George Edwards, a treasure trove of knowledge, will be the guest speaker.

Mark your calendars! The Maryland Department of Natural Resources presents license-free fishing days for residents and visitors on Saturday, June 3, Saturday, June 10, and Tuesday, July 4. Enjoy a day of fishing without the need for a license.

Garrett County High School Graduation takes place this Saturday at Ag Heritage Hall, located at the Garrett County Fairgrounds. The ceremony for Northern Garrett High starts at 10:00 AM, followed by the Southern Garrett High ceremony at 2:00 PM. No tickets are needed for entry to either event.

Discover the complete lineup of entertainment events! Take a look at the detailed listing or explore the interactive calendar for all the exciting happenings.

Latest News

Sign-up for the DCT Newsletter