Garrett County Cold Weather Emergency Contact Information Released
Garrett County Health Department in cooperation with Garrett County Emergency Management warns that extreme cold weather will continue over the next several days and into next week with single digit and below zero temperatures expected. There is always a concern for seniors, children, homeless persons, and animals.
Anyone engaging in outdoor activities (especially children) should be carefully monitored for frostbite and hypothermia. Neighbors should check on elderly neighbors and others who live alone. All pets/animals should have warm shelter or be brought indoors.
Community members should be aware of the following resources:
- For cold weather emergencies, call 911
- Persons needing emergency fuel assistance can call Community Action at 301-334-9431 (after hours, call 301-334-1926)
- Persons needing emergency shelter, call Department of Human Services at 301-533-3000
- For assistance with pets or stray animals, call Garrett County Animal Shelter at 301-334-3553
- Not sure who to call? Citizens may call the Garrett County Public Safety/Emergency Management non-emergency line at 301-334-1929 for assistance For additional Winter Storm preparation tips visit garrettcounty.org.