2020 Deep Creek Times People’s Choice Challenge Rules and Guidelines
- The goal of this contest is to have fun and recognize the great services, products, experiences, and professionals available in the Garrett County and Deep Creek Lake, MD area
- Readers may nominate candidates through midnight EST on August 12th, and may “vote” by submitting photos for nominees across categories from August 17th through midnight EST on September 21st
- Nominees must have contact information or business information listed for verification purposes.
- Nominations and votes must be made by using the form on the Deep Creek Times website or via a copy of the form sent via U.S. mail, postmarked no later than August 12th and September 21st for nominations and “voting”, respectively.
- No purchase necessary.
- Nominated organizations do not have to be advertisers of Deep Creek Times but must be within or serve the Garrett County and the Deep Creek Lake, MD area
- Nominated organizations will be alerted to their nomination via phone, email, text or personal visit at the discretion of the editors of Deep Creek Times
- Nominated organizations may promote themselves to their clients and customers to encourage “voting”, in any way, including on-site pop-ups, posters, flyers, website, email, etc.
- A list of $150 prize winners (a total of three) can be obtained on the Deep Creek Times website after October 1, 2020.
- A list of People’s Choice winners will be identified on the Deep Creek Times site and also via press releases, etc.
- “Voters” via photo submissions are eligible for prizes with timing and giveaways at the discretion of the editors of Deep Creek Times
- Photographers authorize Deep Creek Times to distribute their image(s) with photo credits (where space allows) including but not limited to other media, print, digital, and online services, and television for their use. Photographers retain copyright to these photos*
- *Per our terms, Deep Creek Times may post any photo submissions online or in print after the contest. Do not embed any nonessential personal data into your files.
- Deep Creek Times is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
- All logos, wordmarks and the phrases Deep Creek Times People’s Choice Challenge, Deep Creek Speaks, and related verbiage are owned by Deep Creek Times
- This offer is void where prohibited by law.
- The interpretation and application of the aforementioned award and competition rules are at the sole discretion of the editors of Deep Creek Times.
- Deep Creek Times owners and editors, Mike and Sarah, will not nominate nor “vote” in the People’s Choice Challenge
Please direct any questions to Deep Creek Times owners and editors, Mike and Sarah.